Apply for a Commercial Use Permit

Commercial activity in a City of Seattle parks requires a permit or contract.  Permits are issued for commercial activity that aligns with Seattle Parks and Recreation's mission to promote healthy people, a healthy environment, and strong communities. 

Commercial Use Permit

If you are an individual, group, or organization and you conduct organized recreational activities on city parkland, you are required to obtain a park permit. 

  • Fitness classes (including, but not limited to boot camps yoga, running classes, parkour)
  • Recreational activities (marine education, photography classes, organized school activities such as recess or PE, laser tag or pop-up picnics etc.)
  • Nature education including wilderness training classes

Your business may not transact or collect money on park property and is limited to ten (10) hours per week of operation.  Attendance is limited to 35 participants.  

How do I submit an application?

Use this application to apply for a permit. Please review the FAQ and all rules and requirements before submitting your application.   

Commercial Use Permit Application (download PDF) 

Complete an online application for a Commercial Use Permit 

Commercial Use Permit FAQ

Insurance Requirements