Amenities

Trails

About

This park is an urban oasis of forest and running water. It offers the visitor a trip down it's hiking trails to enjoy the natural setting and to retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life. 

Lakeridge Park was named in 1947 by The Seattle Planning Commission. The park was once known as "Deadhorse Canyon," named in 1909 by homesteaders Chas J. Walker upon the death of a horse which had long roamed the area and had been a pet of pioneer children. Walker helped log this area for the Taylor Sawmill on the beach just to the east. George Kinnear was the original owner of the property.

Current Project

Visit Lakeridge Playground Improvements for information on improvements to the playground at Lakeridge Playfield and how to participate in the community input process.

Seattle Public Utilities Project

Another ongoing City project, led by Seattle Public Utilities (SPU), is located along the western boundary and includes portions of Lakeridge Park (Dead Horse Canyon), Rainier Avenue South, and properties along Lake Washington. Visit https://www.seattle.gov/utilities/neighborhood-projects/taylor-creek to learn more.