Discounted Permits

Learn how to qualify for a $10 RPZ permit.

How do I apply for a discounted permit?

  1. Find out what zone you are in using the map.
  2. Apply online and provide one of the following types of documentation: 
    • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance card (formerly food stamps)
    • Energy assistance from Seattle City Light or Puget Sound Energy
    • Rental assistance from Seattle Housing Authority (Section 8) or copy of rental agreement in SHA property
    • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) check or stub
    • Lease/rental agreement from Plymouth Housing, CHHIP, or other low-income housing providers
    • Proof of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – NOT regular Social Security income
    • Issuance of King County Metro Transit Low-Income Fare Card (ORCA LIFT)
    • Provider One or Apple Health card
    • Other documentation considered on an individual basis

You may click here for a paper application to apply in person or by mail. We encourage you to apply online. Using a paper application to apply in person or by mail will increase processing time.