What Is It?
Our Noise Enforcement Program acts through a variety of measures to minimize the public’s exposure to excessive noise from construction sites, maintenance activity, and installed mechanical equipment. To do this, we:
- Review permitted mechanical equipment installation plans for compliance with the Seattle Noise Code
- Investigate noise complaints generated from construction sites, maintenance activity, and installed mechanical equipment
- Assist City departments, contractors, and the general public in evaluating and reducing the noise impacts of their activities
- Review all applications requesting relief from the requirements of the Seattle Noise Code (called noise variances)
- Provide educational programs for contractors about the effect of noise
For more information about this program, read the Noise Code page.