We Want to Hear From You
Frequently Asked Questions
- Technical problems with our website? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not sure you need a permit? Check our permit basics page.
- Ask a land use question or a permitting question.
- Check your Permit/Complaint Status.
- Research projects and permits at our Public Resource Center.
- File a code violation complaint or call (206) 615-0808.
- Learn how to resolve complaints and permit disagreements.
- Check the City's holiday schedule.
- Check DPD's hours of operation.
- Check out the How to Reach Us flyer.
- DPD Most Requested Phone Numbers
- DPD Division Managers & Supervisors
- City of Seattle Phone & Email
- Still can't find it? Check out the complete DPD list of departmental services
|Permits - Applicant Services Center|
|The services in this section are available through the Applicant Services Center located on the 20th floor.|
|General Applications (Applicant Services Center)|
Land use and zoning permit issuance must be done in person. Land Use questions can be submitted to the Land Use Q&A Service
|Drainage & Sewer Review (includes side sewer)||684-5362|
|Master Use Permits||684-8467|
|Over-the Counter (OTC) Permits - includes boiler & pressure vessel, conveyance, electrical, fire alarm,|
mechanical (SF/duplex), and refrigeration
|Plumbing & Gas Piping Permits (located in the King County Environmental Health Services Building on 401 5th Avenue, Suite 1100)||296-1175|
|Design Review Program||684-4686|
|Request an Inspection: General||684-8900|
|Talk to an Inspector: General||684-8950|
|Inspection Requests & Contact an Inspector: Site/erosion control, pre-construction conferences, first ground disturbance||684-8860|
|Violation Complaint Line|
|Construction, Housing & Land Use Complaints||615-0808|
|Land Use Policy||684-8880|
|Seattle Design Commission||615-1349|
|Seattle Planning Commission||684-8694|
|General Department Information||684-8600|
|Code Compliance (construction, housing & zoning enforcement; property owner/tenant assistance)||615-0808|
|GIS Maps & Services (staffed by Seattle Public Utilities, but located at DPD)||684-0965|
|Licensing & Testing (gas piping, steam engineer, refrigeration)||684-5174|
|Property Owner/Tenant Assistance (just cause eviction and tenant relocation assistance information only)||615-0808|
|Public Relations -- Media and Community Engagement||233-3891|
|Public Resource Center||684-8467|
|Technical Support: Electrical Code (available Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)||684-5383|
|Tenant Relocation Assistance Ordinance||684-7979|
|Applicant Service Center||233-7866|
|19th Floor - Long Range Planning; Community Relations; Green Building; City Design||233-7883|
|21st Floor - Electrical, Southend Building, and Southend Mechanical Inspectors; Engineering Services; Plans Routing; and Code Development||386-4039|
|22nd Floor - Site Development and Side Sewer; Geotech; Engineering Services; Land Use; Noise; and Northend Mechanical and Building Inspectors||233-7902|
November 2, 2011